Imagine stepping outside for your break and instead of cars honking and cell phones ringing; you hear the wind moving the trees, birds chirping, and you feel the warm sun shining from between majestic mountain tops. You can already feel stress subsiding and its only day one. Welcome to Canmore.
- Greet customers, listens to understand requests, responds with appropriate action and provides accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Completes the registration, check-in, and check-out procedures.
- Assists guests in making payments by accepting multiple forms of payment and ensures accurate completion of the task.
- Promptly answers the telephone-using positive and clear English communication.
- Uses the company computers to input and receive information.
- Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Fields guest complaints and inquiries; conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarization in the use of a calculator to prepare calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using Property Management System.
- Auditory and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Post secondary education in a related discipline is an asset.
- Must have minimum 6 months experience as Guest Service Agent (Front Desk Agent) or Night Audit.
- Varying shifts may be required.
- Competitive wage and benefits package is provided. ($14/hr to start)
- Accommodation may be available for a fee if required.
Being a part of the Clique Hotels and Resorts goes along way, some perks you can look forward to are being a part of a thriving organization that encourages personal growth & development and will cater to provide an unbeatable work/life balance whenever possible.
Clique Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.